KCBS BBQ Cook-Off
$10,000 in Prizes Available at the Chesapeake BBQ Cook-Off
Returns to the Jubilee for the 8th Year
It’s a much anticipated event, and once again, the Chesapeake Jubilee is honored to host the 8th Annual BBQ Cook-off Competition. Officially sanctioned by the world famous Kansas City Barbecue Society, this cook-off is considered to be in the major leagues of competitive cooking.
The cook-off begins on Friday May 17, 2013, and judging starts at noon on Saturday, May 18, 2013.
- $2,500 and a trophy for the Grand Champion
- $1,500 and a trophy for the Reserve Grand Champion
- $800 and a trophy for 1st Place (each category)
- $450 and a trophy for 2nd Place (each category)
- $350 and a trophy for 3rd Place (each category)
- $250 and a trophy for 4th Place (each category)
- $150 and a trophy for 5th Place (each category)
- A Ribbon for 6th Place (each category)
- $500 for 1st, $300 for 2nd and $200 for 3rd in “Anything Butt”. (Friday)
The 2012 Grand Champion was the Tar Heel Smokers, and the 2012 Reserve Grand Champion was
Belmont House of Smoke.
The Smithfield Rib Super Series will be at the May 17-18th Chesapeake Jubilee-KCBS Barbecue Cook-off. Register today for your chance to win bonus prize money as a top three finisher in the Rib Category. In addition to bonus prize money, Smithfield® will provide two FREE racks of Smithfield spareribs to any registered team competing in the Smithfield Rib Super Series. Teams who wish to participate in the points chase will receive points based upon their finishing position at their best four events of the series. The three qualifying teams with the highest point total overall will win bonus Grand prize money out of the $15,200 prize purse.